Telling stories about successful case studies is a powerful way to help your clients confidently decide that you are the right service provider for their business. That’s exactly what Capgemini are doing, by getting us to interview their client, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water. Let’s talk about how to create a great success story film that can help your business.
Success Story Film
Even at C-suite level, buying decisions are influenced by social proof. In his book Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert Cialdini says:
The principle of social proof says so: The greater the number of people who find any idea correct, the more the idea will be correct.
That’s why we all check out our views. One of the most viewed pages is our About Us page, which includes testimonials from our clients.
Questions you can ask get great testimonials to grow your business
- What was the situation before you started the work?
- What were the company’s objectives?
- Had you tried other solutions previously?
- Were there obstacles to your success and how did this make you feel?
- What was at risk if you weren’t able to achieve this goal?
- What was the result of the piece of work?
- Now the work is complete, what has this enabled the company to achieve?
Questions like these will begin to uncover your client’s story. The skill comes in actively listening for where other there’s more to the story that they’re not telling you yet!
What can you do with a testimonial film once you have it?
There are many ways you can use your testimonial film.
- Create a blog post for your website
- Keep it as a file on your computer to show clients in one-ton-ones
- Feature it on website’s “About Us” page
- Play it during webinars to validate your work with your audience
- Embed it on your sales pages
- Put it all over LinkedIn (Create a post/put it on your profile/share it on company page
- Create an ad from a short clip
- Post is a social media content
- Show it on your stand at an event (with subtitles!)
- Take a comment from it and add it to your email signature
We filmed the testimonial at the Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water Head Quarters just outside Cardiff. A success story film is evergreen content that can stay relevant for years. The problem was that we were filming in December, and at Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water they like to decorate! We were filming within the sales team, who all had multiple Christmas trees. They were really welcoming, and helped take down decorations so we could film them at work without the having footage that shows clearly what time of year it was filmed.