We had the pleasure of working with DKMS UK to create a variety of charity training video content. Their work is helping people to beat blood cancer, but they needed a training video to help them.
Someone in the UK is told they have a blood cancer like leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma every twenty minutes.
A blood stem cell donation from a matching donor could save their lives.
DKMS have found that while people are happy to get involved, they are some uncertain how to. The aim of the video was to demonstrate just how simple the registration process really is, to encourage more people to get in contact and add their details to the register.o they got in contact.
Creating a charity training video
We filmed one of their staff, going through the motions, demonstrating exactly how simple it is to become a potential blood stem cell donor. Before the event, we worked with them to understand what the process is, and created some simple storyboards to make sure we captured it correctly.
Previously, we’ve filmed training video which helps their volunteers process multiple registrations at their events.Become a blood stem cell donor now!
Key types of Charity Videos
A charity video is a great way of raising awareness for any charity, and as with DKMS the uses go way beyond just raising awareness. It can really make a difference to the results you get. Here are some ideas of how to use video for training.
1. Create instructional videos for volunteers, ensuring consistent training on charity programs and processes.
2. Use video tutorials to educate staff and volunteers on safety procedures and emergency protocols.
3. Develop video modules to onboard new team members, sharing the organisation’s mission, values, and goals.
4. Produce video testimonials and success stories to inspire and motivate volunteers and supporters.
5. Use video for fundraising training, teaching techniques for effective donor outreach and engagement.